Sunday, October 24, 2021

Silver Linings in a Pandemic

 Charming customer: 

 (this week I was the customer!)

Gayle


While visiting my daughter in Bowling Green, Ohio, last weekend, we were walking down Main Street (yep, there's a 'Main Street' in this wonderful little town), and stopped in our tracks when we saw a signboard out in the front of Coyote Beads that had something along the lines of "just in from New Mexico". Wait.....what?? We went in to this charming shop full of gifts, jewelry, candles, and lots and lots of other goodies. We met Gayle, the owner, who travels to New Mexico a few times a year to shop for HER shop (she had just returned a few weeks ago)

What a great shop - a wonderful, gracious owner - and YAY for another small business that is surviving the pandemic!

Making this week:


The blocks for Mountain High  are DONE!


One row is together (they're put together on the diagonal - can you see the one all connected?)  I'm loving this quilt!


Learned this week:

Time for silence.  When I sew, knit, putz around the house....or am at the store....there's often music playing.  Or a podcast going when I'm at home.  And music is fun and motivating, and a podcast is entertaining or educational or both.  I've been learning to live in comfortable silence now and then.  It takes a concentrated effort, and makes me uncomfortable for a few minutes.  But then my brain calms and settles, and thanks me.  And hey, the creativity is still there!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, your Mountain High Quilt looks amazing! Nicely done!