Sunday, October 10, 2021

Silver Linings in a Pandemic

 Charming customer (from a few weeks ago):

Mildred!


Oh my gosh, what a treat to meet Mildred, who was in Albuquerque recently for the Senior Racquetball Championship!  She fell in love with the “Chuckwagon Charlie” kit we have, and I enjoyed helping her pick out fabrics to make it customized to her taste.

In the process of chatting, I learned about why she was here, and she very modestly told me all the winnings she took!  How awesome is that?! 

(I couldn't successfully link the page to her info, but if you google "Senior Racquetball Tournament Albuquerque", you can find your way to her.)


Making this week:

Knitting!  The cooler weather beckons....

This sweater:

With this yarn:


Bottom picture taken against a backdrop of a peek of Aspen trees in the beauty of Northern New Mexico.  A fall drive was a balm this past week.

Learned this week:

Bloom where you're planted.

A reminder to take in the here and now and appreciate what's right in front of me.  (Don't we all sometimes long to be somewhere else, at another time, maybe, where it may seem things would be.....better?)

I didn't attend the Balloon Fiesta this year, but I made a point to stop and linger and gaze while looking at the balloons in my driveway each morning.

I drove (well, my husband drove, I knit)  to northern New Mexico to just see Fall.  And it didn't disappoint!  Smaller, less traveled roads,  unplanned stops (the Vietman Veteran's Memorial in Angel Fire.  Profound. Sacred.)

I've live in New Mexico for over 30 years.  Even after all those years, I remind myself to bloom where I'm planted.  How lucky I am to be planted here.

No comments: