Sunday, September 5, 2021

Silver Linings in a Pandemic

Fabulous customers:

Carrie

One of the cool things about having a shop that primarily has a female customer base is that it’s generally acceptable to have a girl crush on a customer. 

Like Carrie, who is not only a really nice human being, but also makes lovely quilts,  AND has gorgeous hair.  When I ooohed and aahed over it one day,  she told me about the Curly Girl Method, which I’m now reading up more on and trying out!  (I’m tired of straightening my hair but frustrated when I let it go natural, as it becomes a wavy fizzy mess)   So thanks, Carrie, for your gorgeous hair inspiration and your everyday sweet nature!




(wellll, not really going for this look!)


Making:

I started on a garment using fabric Reut hand-stamped:


She acquires her leaves from a variety of sources - ask her sometime about it!

Also, made this from the pallet that delivered the 24 Eversewn machines that were purchased by our customers to donate to Mexico:





Learned this week:

Did you know? 

Women’s buttons are sewn onto the left side of the garment. The reason for this is that buttons were very expensive and only wealthy women with domestic help could afford them. So to make it easier for the help to button up they were on the ‘wrong’ side.

Huh.  I'll remember that next time my ladies' maid buttons up my dress, and the convenience of it for her.




No comments: