Monday, August 30, 2021

Silver Linings in a Pandemic

Fabulous customers:

Geri:

She came to New Mexico to go antelope hunting with her fiance.  They met in a bowling league, became friends, were widowed and are now together.  They’re from Delaware, and this is her 1st visit to NM.  We talked about the drastic difference in the land, especially flying in!  She has a house on the beach in Delaware, is a quilter, (1st time) antelope hunter, bowler, and best of all, a wonderful sense of humor and a great outlook on the world.

Update: Geri called me when she got back home to Delaware - here she is with her prize antelope!  She loved the beauty of New Mexico:




Making:

I started the 100 Acts of Sewing Dress No. 3 at Hip Stitch craft night Friday.  I love Sonya's patterns, but full confession - reading the word "caftan" in the description gave me pause, and a flashback to Mrs. Roper:


Here's what I made - just needs sleeve and bottom hemmed:


(think I'm going to love it!)


Learned this week:



Gulp!


No comments: