Sunday, August 22, 2021

Silver Linings in a Pandemic

Fabulous customers:

Karen brought in her Eversewn 20 machine to learn some of its features.  Her last machine was an old Singer that did a straight stitch.  That’s all.  I LOVED the jaw dropping moments when she learned that her new machine:  could make a buttonhole to FIT the button due to being able to slide the button right onto the foot itself; that there was a ‘stop/start’ button so she can skip using the foot pedal; that the decorative stitches make beautiful designs just by selecting a stitch and pressing ‘start’.  That was priceless.  Sometimes, it’s just the little things that bring us happiness.



Making:

A continuation of the Mountain High Quilt - I'm about 1/2 way done with my paper pieced blocks:



Learned this week:

I went into the new mask mandate with some trepidation, not sure how accepting customers would be.  I learned to believe in the best of folks.  They usually show it!


Speaking of great humans, I met Dr. Eva Moya, who is a professor of social work at Univ. of Texas El Paso.  She gave a lovely and inspiring talk at Las Placitas Presbyterian Church, all about her help with humanitaran efforts at the US/Mexico border.  

Our customers purchased 2 dozen Eversewn sewing machines - we'll be taking them to El Paso and Dr. Moya will be a point person to help get them across the border to help empower those in need.  Reut spearheaded this effort!



To my right is Dr. Moya, and to my left is Roxie with the Dignity Mission with the church.






No comments: