Sunday, December 5, 2021

Silver Linings in a Pandemic

 At Hip Stitch: 

Gosh darnnit, I forget her name! (Pandemic brain, I plead)

A sweet customer was in and we ended up chatting more than usual, because, well, it just flowed.

She's retiring at the end of this year from a big local company. She's pretty much counting down the days, and I asked if she's retiring because it's just time, or another reason. She shared that she's retiring because of poor managment, and we dove into a great discussion of what makes a good leader/manager, and why it's important, and by the time we said goodbye, we agreed that we really should get together and write a book. (but in course it's real life, so we'll just see each other now and then and have a lively talk when we do)

That made my week.


Making this week:


A sample of the Ruby Apron - a fairly new pattern in the store.  I love love love making samples!
It took about 2 hours  (cutting out the pieces not included).  I decided to make it 2 sided/reversible, and here's a little documentation/review.

The assembly has begun -  I decided to do the contast fabric as pockets:


The directions came together easily to make, and then there's the important clipping curves and corners to make everything lay nicely.  (lie or lay?)  Moments such as these that I miss my mom and her impeccable grammar.




There was a little confusion in the directions as this point, when it was time to attach the strap at the back, for the reversible version.  But it was easy enough to work around this; I just seam ripped an opening to slip the end of the strap inside and then topstitch all around:


Measuring placement and length of strap



Inserting the end of the strap into seam ripped opening

Topstitching and sewing strap in all at once.



And done!



I opted to not add a back closure strap.

The act of putting one's hands in one's pockets.

This'll be one I'll wear at work, it so adorable!

Learned this week:

I listened to a great podcast on Spotify:  Brene Brown of Dare to Lead interviewing writer James Clear on habits.  (atomic habits, he calls them)
He talks of consistency over intensity when striving to form a habit.  I'm developing that in my work life,  my personal life, my creative life.  Whether it's exercise or sewing/quilting a project or routines around the house, the mission isn't to go big, race to the finish, set huge goals.  A little at a time is just perfectly fine, and I learn that I much more enjoy the journey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dr Itua cures my Breast Cancer & HIV, I have been an ARV Consumption for 10 years then got Breast Cancer 6 months. I have been in pain until I came across Dr Itua on a blog site. I emailed him about my details of my HIV & Breast Cancer and my location I explained everything to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cure me, he gave me guarantee, He asks me to pay for items fees so when I'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV & Breast Cancer and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua. I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days. Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work. My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and the rest of my friends did too, Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what I'm talking about if you have the same problem I was having then not now though. I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center. I have his calendar too that he recently sent me, He Cures all kind disease Like, Cancer,Weak Erection, Wart Remover,Hpv, Herpes,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease,Cushing’s disease, Heart failure, Multiple Sclerosis, Hypertension,Fibromyalgia,Hiv, Hepatitis B, Liver/Kidney Inflammatory, Epilepsy,Blood Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Colo-Rectal Cancer, Brain Cancer, Lung Cancer, Infertility,Parkinson's disease, Lung Cancer, Breast Cancer, Colo-Rectal Cancer, Blood Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Epilepsy disease, small-round-cell tumor Diabetes,Celiac disease, Ataxia, Arthritis, measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio, Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma, Asthma, Allergic diseases.Hiv/Aids,Herpe ,Copd, Glaucoma, Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease, Enlarged prostate, Alzheimer's disease, Dementia. Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back. Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com www.drituaherbalcenter.com