Sunday, November 14, 2021

Silver Linings in a Pandemic

 At Hip Stitch: 

Rachel:


I've known Rachel for at least a year? (honestly, remembering anything is a challenge these days)

She teaches at a local elementary school, and is my "National Parks" customer.....I love when I've known a customer enough to know their fabric style & taste.

I love that she's a regular - that Hip Stitch is a place to be and leave the stress of teaching behind, that she brings friends in to the store. I love that she loves the National Parks. I love that she can come in on any given day, and if I'm not having the greatest day, we can at least smile at each other and say hi, and other days that are better we can have a good chat. I love the comfort of her visits.

Making this week:

Quilting!  (not piecing, but QUILTING)

It's time to get this one quilted:


On the back porch....a sheet first, then the backing then batting, then the top.  Took my time - used these:


The Elmer's to touch up the skinny scallop cut strips that came loose; THIS spray for attaching the batting to the backing, then the top to the batting.  THIS pen to draw the first lines for quilting.

Then, one of THESE needles to start, to make it easier to get through the glue and the Steam a Seam.


Two hours later - time for a break when the bobbin thread runs out.  This time with my quilt and my machine and walking foot and a great podcast and the sun shining in the window has been lovely!

Learned this week:

My friend who lives in Maine sent me a link to THIS NPR story on:

Solitude.
Pandemic Isolation.
Creativity.
Journaling.
Silver Linings.

Silver Linings.


Silver Linings.

No comments: