Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Girls' Night Out

Saturday night was just that - my girls and I went to Roller King for a night of skating! Our 1st stop was the Sonoma Coffee Cafe, which is locally owned by friends, for gelatto for the girls and a holiday beverage for me.....have you gotten your Peak Perk gift certificate yet?! http://ccabq.incentrev.com/index.cfm?action=offer&offerid=4656 A $50 gift certificate for $20....(when I bought it it was $25, so you gotta get this deal!)

Then we were off to skate, with my 8 year old wearing my skates (see photo below) from my days of skating in 8th grade. Good golly, I can't believe my little girl is now wearing them! Much has changed, and much hasn't, from when I used to be dropped off at "Wheel A While" in Rockville, MD, every Friday night, to skate, and ogle the cute boys, and whip my comb/brush combo out of my Jordache jeans back pocket to perfect my Farrah Fawcett hairstyle. Sigh......

We left by 8:00, when the crowd was getting a bit, well, bolder - 1 1/2 hrs. was enough for this 40 yr. old mom. We'll definately be doing this again, though - great exercise, great fun!

And now for Hip Stitchin' business.....December has begun and if you haven't made your holiday gifts, now's the time! Half-price lounge times on Fridays and Saturdays in December - a craft show to shop locally. Heather is finishing up her biggest project ever - a quilt, which I can't wait to photograph and get posted for all to see! Jen has been excused from sewing projects right now - she's expecting a baby boy in May (yes, it's a BOY!), and is keeping up with 2 yr. old Olive, who has quite the mind of her own!!

No comments: