Saturday, July 20, 2013

Craft Show success.....and a wind-down vacation

If you missed the Hipster's Craft Show last Saturday, I'm so sorry!  It was the best yet - and that wasn't just my opinion.....new customers stopped in to tell me how fabulous it was.  Thanks to our Albuquerque talent, the crafter's put on a great show!  Here are a few pics from the day:


Then it was off for some family time this past week.  We took off for Colorado - my husband made the reservations at 2 different campgrounds - one outside Durango, one outside Ourey.  I must admit, I left with a tiny bit of trepidation.....as I get older, sleeping in a tent doesn't quite have the same appeal as a comfy hotel room bed.  Well, after the 1st 2 nights in a state park with no neighbors around us, we hit a KOA for the next 2 nights, and I actually missed the solitude of just us.  It was memorable, breathtaking in the settings, and a just-what-we-needed trip!

Here are some highlights:
Walking around reservoir in Mancos, CO.  Our only neighbor - mule deer.  Shoes off and feet in the mud!

Quilt shops are the perfect place for a short nap!  Beautiful quilts in Durango shops.
Colorado wildflowers - I do wish New Mexico had these!
Beautiful Colorado.....Silverton & Ourey.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just by browsing through these pictures, I can say you definitely captured the beautiful sceneries of Colorado. It's breathtaking. These are proofs that there are still places in this world that have kept the beauty of nature. Have you tried skiing, by the way? It's one of Colorado's popular winter activities. Robert @ CondosInsteamBoat.com