Sunday, June 19, 2011

Loving all things vintage

On Saturday, I received this gift:

....given to me from Sharon Hatcher, my wonderful Sewing 101, alterations, re-create it teacher....who's been on a de-cluttering binge.  Published in 1946, it's indeed 'modern sewing' for its time.  I love pictures like this:

and this:

and this:

I love the 1st paragraph in the book, which reads:

"If you've been feeling wistful about the pretty clothes in the shops.....if you've been down in the dumps because your home is turning seedy at the seams, wearing shabby around the edges....if you've been wondering how you're going to juggle the budget into keeping your small fry in clothes, your troubles are over.  To live better on less, look lovely on next-to-nothing, take to your thimble!"
 
Amen to that!
 
(and speaking of vintage, back-to-the-basics.....next Sunday, Hip Stitch will be included in a special section of the Albuquerque Journal, about going green. (I'm told that's the date it's coming out)  Go out and get yourself a copy!

No comments: