Thursday, April 28, 2011

It's Spendid, really!

Imagine me saying that title with a British accent....because that's how I feel right now....it's almost time for the ROYAL WEDDING!  You bet your best fabric I'm getting up at 3 a.m. tomorrow to watch it!  30 years ago, when I was a wee age of 12, I got up with my best friend, Andrea, to watch Charles and Diana's gala.  I'll just come out with it - I'm a groupie.  I know, it's outdated and stuffy, this whole royalty thing.  Silly, maybe.  But I just ate it all up at the age of 12, and throughout my teen years, collected every book & magazine that featured the royal family (they're still in a box in my attic)  I was actually more ga-ga over Prince Edward - much better looking than Charles, in my opinion.

 And here I am, 30 years later, getting up in the middle of the night to watch William and Kate.  And tomorrow, at the store, I'll be exhausted....but it's all worth it!

And if you still think it's just silly, watch this:


1 comment:

andrea said...

It was great, wish we could have watched it together. At least we both have two beautiful girls to share it with.