Friday, June 13, 2008

I'm up early

Suzanne here...my husband keeps telling me to get up at the crack of dawn and get over to the store to get it ready....so 6:50 isn't exactly the crack of dawn, but I'm up and looking at what's to do today. I've been building tables for the lounge - thanks to my carpentry mentor, brother-in-law Jim, so this morning I head over to his workshop to finish. They're massive beasts - two 4'x8' tables for all the machines, so they're incredibly heavy. Today I attach the legs and stain!

Heather and I are going to purchase a sewing machine for the lounge. Jen's husband has been out of town for the week, so she's had the challenge of working in the store w/3 children present, but all our kids know that Hip Stitch is just going to be their second home until opening day!

We frequently hear comments like "finally, Albuquerque's getting a real fabric store!" We hope that our customers will be happy with the selections we've made, but we also realize that we need customer input in order to know what to order next!! We've had suggestions for carrying silk charmeuse (did I spell that right?!), linen, raw silk, and more - we have cotton to start - awesome cottons, mind you, but it's our starting fabric. Our customers are our driving force - we want their opinions, their ideas, their creativity!

Enough rambling - my day begins!

No comments: