Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It's been a busy, yet fun, time here at Hip Stitch.....

Customer Jennifer came in to share this adorable- reversible - jumper she sewed.....using our Moda fabric and brown corduroy.  That is one special little girl who gets to wear it!

We have 2 new teachers!  I'm so excited to welcome Melisa Hart and Shirley Kay Wolfersperger.  Both of these women are enormously talented, and I feel very fortunate to have them at Hip Stitch.  Look for a schedule very soon of classes they'll be teaching, as well as more about them......

Coming soon......flannel, in Funky Monkey.  Some really adorable prints!  Alexander Henry fabrics - a few we've had in the past, but went too quickly - back again.....I'll post some pictures soon.....

I occasionally get to join in on a class......I'm taking Pants with Sharon Hatcher.  I'm going to make....JEANS!  Last week, in class #1, I made pattern pieces from my favorite pair of jeans.  This week, I'm going to make a mock-up w/muslin.  And next week, the real deal - sewing with denim!  Stay tuned......

Coming in early November, a remodel of the store - I'm so excited!  Look for more info. in the near future!

And lastly, some photos of.....fall in New Mexico!

Whether they know it or not, Ellen and Alexandra (Ali) are inspirations to me every day as I try to branch out in photography......it's out of my comfort zone to look for shots that are, well, more artistic...thank you, gals, for your beautiful photography!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos Suzanne! LOVE the second one with the hills!

Ali said...

I think someone went to Santa Fe and McCall's! Great shots!