Monday, May 1, 2017

Traveling

A trip to Baltimore in late April brought me to a reunion with best childhood friends, visiting my hometown, and quilt shops!  I love to see what the local flair is in fabric, and Bear's Paw Fabrics in Towson, MD, had these goodies that I couldn't resist:


Bought the kit to make a crab table runner.....have childhood memories of the Chesapeake Bay, going the beach, eating crab cakes!

Judy, the owner of this gem of a store, was wonderful.  We talked shop, compared notes, and she was so very sweet to take time from her busy Saturday to meet with me!  The staff were equally kind and helpful - I had brought in my friends with me, who oohed and aahhed over the fabrics and projects.  They are not sewists, but picked out fabric for me to make them pajama bottoms!
 ('cause friends do that for friends!)

(look at the gorgeous Elizabeth Hartman quilt behind us!)

I rented a car my last day there and drove up to Amish country, Pennsylvania.  Went to The Old Country Store, where I, well, shopped some more!  A great gift/fabric/kitchen store.  Was neat to see a mix of traditional and modern fabrics.


Back to New Mexico, back to Hip Stitch and our beautiful new location!

No comments: