Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy 2015!

A new year - a fresh start.  New sewing projects, a list of what I want to complete.  You too?
For the 2nd year in a row, (that means I can call it an annual, right?) my girls and I headed up to Las Vegas, NM for an overnight.  We stayed at the Plaza Hotel, had a snowball fight at Storie Lake, walked around the town, shopped at ThreadBear & Tome on the Range, had a great latte at the Traveler's Cafe, and of course, a breakfast burrito at Charlie's Spic & Span. (I think now it's officially "Charlie's Bakery & Cafe", but I can't roll w/the new name)

Our trip didn't disappoint:  the Plaza Hotel was beautifully decorated for the holidays, and going through some renovations ownership changed hands last summer, ThreadBear is a home-away-from-home and we shopped and shopped, food was fabulous, and all in all, it was a relaxing getaway.

Here are some pictures - most taken by Claire, who is a natural photographer w/her phone:











tortilla maker at Charlie's

infamous eclair that we always salivate over but never have room to eat!

latte from the Traveler's Cafe

Selfie!

artwork at the Plaza Hotel


No comments: