Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bittersweet morning

School starts today in Albuquerque.  Alarm clocks were set last night, and at 6:30 our day began.  I have 2 middle schoolers now - whoa, time, what's the rush??

(try as I may, I couldn't get the rotation to apply when putting this picture up!)
Lunch packed in recycled plastic bag!
Notice my 6th grader - on the right - is TALLER than my 8th grader?!  Just a smidgen, but yep, she's surpassed her sister in height.
As bittersweet as this day is.....fall is coming!  The mornings are just a wee bit cooler....the State Fair is just around the corner.....the garden is ready to harvest:

Yes, that's a PINTO BEAN!  Grown in our garden!

And finally, FABRIC!  The big shipment.....which I mistakenly thought was arriving last week - alas, no, it didn't.  I do now have confirmation that it's arriving this Thursday....with a follow-up shipment coming in Friday.  If I receive all the bolts I've ordered, we'll have 38 new bolts by Friday.....but I'm sure a few will be backordered.  Can't wait!!  Here's a sneak preview of a few:


And well, you'll have to come in to see the rest!

No comments: