Thursday, March 18, 2010

New lovlies all about

Where to begin? 
How about with more vintage pincushions, scattered about the store....a beautiful selection sent by Barbara in Pennsylvania - sheep, a cardinal, flowers, and more:
...and this reverse applique shirt, made by artist Marcia Petty - she just delivered this sample today, to give a sneak preview of what can be created in her class Saturday, March 27, from 11-3.  Have you signed up yet?  Well, what are you waiting for?!
...a completed sweater for my daughter Jane (and thankfully she's happy to wear it).  In the background of the photo?  My mom's dog, Lily, and my mom's walker - she was released from rehab yesterday and is living with us until she's ready to live independently.  I tease her that she sits in her Archie Bunker chair (brought over from her home to ours), covered up in an afghan, watching t.v.  That is SO not my mom - she's ready to take on those physical therapists and get back to life!
....and finally, Claire in HER sweater.  Same pattern - each girl picked out their yarn color.  I started knitting around November.  Two sweaters - in one winter.  Not bad, eh?
Finally, a huge gushing thank you to all who helped fill in at Hip Stitch so I could be with my mom throughout her hip fracture, surgery and rehab: Portia, Ann, Bralia, Julie, Jen & Lisa.  You're just simply the best.

No comments: