Saturday, September 19, 2009

So here's how this story begins.....today was the make your own dressform class in the lounge, which I'll get to in a moment. I wanted to attempt this at home before the class, so I could know what was going on, even though I didn't teach the class.

So one night this week, I recruited my husband Dan to help. (Ignore my junky kitchen in the background) Needless to say, this was a very amateur attempt, with a guy who just wanted to get this whole experience over with so he could watch baseball. Poor Dan - the things he does to support Hip Stitch!So on to today's class.....Sharon Hatcher was our class instructor. She was amazing! We had a full lounge - 8 of us total. We started with a pile of packing tape:
And started in an assembly line, taping each other's backs. Yes, those are garbage bags we're wrapped in - haute couture at its finest!
We quickly wrapped ourselves, layer after layer......

And voila, a finished wrap! (Lovely Lisa modeling hers)

Here's my finished form:
I'm maybe going to paint it, or put on a coat of Mod Podge....something to give it a finished, somewhat creative look. All in all, this was a fantastic class, and one we're planning to do again. Every gal who sews should have her own custom-made dress form!

No comments: