Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Where the cool kids hang out: Part. 2

 I was fortunate enough to join the Bear Canyon hand quilters a few more times before they wrapped up their group for 2023.   In December,  John brought bread pudding bars, which were delicious (this man can do it all, I tell you!)

I met Theresa, who had just come back from Portugal, where she did a pilgrimage walk.

There was Barbara, who came to New Mexico in the early 2000s from Massachusetts, and lived a time in Florida before she returned to NM.  We talked about finding your people in quilting, be it a guild, group, or just a few close friends.  Some groups are clique-ish, some are too big and impersonal.  Find your people.

Janet brought one of her "Encouragement Quilts" - I learned about these when I interviewed her in July of 2022 (see blog post)  She continues to make small quilts and hand them out to those in need.  How do you know who to give to?  I asked her.  She puts her hand on her heart and says "God tells me.".  




John sharing his bread pudding bars


Unrolling a quilt

Janet

Evelyn's table runner




I look forward to seeing more of the 'cool kids' in 2024, and am grateful they let me 
hang out with them.

No comments: