Saturday, August 14, 2021

Silver Linings in a Pandemic

Fabulous customers:

Tomato Soup:

Add milk or water?  This was the conversation I found myself engaged in with 2 customers.  How we got to this?  I have no idea.  One minute we’re standing side by side in the store, looking at fabric and patterns, the next, debating over which is better - milk or water added to a can of tomato soup.  Then, of course, this must be eaten with grilled cheese.  And so on, and so on.  These gals were in town with a National Guard conference, and, well, added to my list of “best things about my day”



Making:


My daughter sent me a text and a picture. The text:


"if we're gonna keep wearing masks, I decided I should finally get around to hanging them on hooks!"


The picture, in her tiny apartment:



That was the kick I needed to work on stop feeling so hopeless and sad about wearing masks again, and just do it.  ("embrace it" is a stretch.....)
She and I made a pact to each make some new ones.

I began the “Mountain High” quilt this week.  



The kit is from Stitch in Durango, and the owner LeeAnn is gracious and kind and has a wonderful shop (don’t believe me? - her shop was on the COVER of Quilt Sampler this past spring!)

I began it after a spell of no sewing.  Just not feeling it and riding out the "creative block"


Its foundation strip piecing, and I did all the ‘boring’ parts - cutting!  But for me, choosing which colors to group together and what pieces to pull out of each group to cut was so perfect to get me back in my groove.  I only just started on one block, but holy moley, this is fun!




No comments: