Sunday, September 23, 2012

State Fair 2012

The New Mexico State Fair has come to a close as of today......and I'm glad that despite my family's busy schedule, we made it for our annual trek!

Here's a sampling of the day:

As we were going thru the bag search gate, the young man asked me, "do you have any knives, guns, shanks, or any other weapons?"......I couldn't answer right away, I was so dumbfounded.  I finally said, "No, I only have a wallet, kleenex, chapstick, and sunblock," while trying not to burst out laughing.  I'm still not sure if he was kidding me.....


I thought this little gal was so adorable: 


We ran into our friend Dagmar, who was demonstrating the sheep to shawl: 


Debbie, from Modern Quilt Guild, entered her quilt in the quilt show (left), along with her mother, Dorothy (right):


 Hip Stitch quilting teacher Rosanne's quilt:


In the home arts building, I came across sewing done by Haley...who learned to sew this summer at Hip Stitch with Rosanne, our wonderful teacher.  Haley entered this pillowcase, which had a 3rd place ribbon:


Her 1st quilt (also 3rd place):


and this quilt: (it's folded, so you can't see the full beauty of it):


the 4-H exhibit featured some very vintage hand-pieced hexagon quilts:



we had to take in the pig races:

 and to finish our day,  Asbury Cafe's blueberry pie a la mode for me: (my girls each got peach and pecan)


 'Twas a wonderful day at the fair......will we see you there next year?

No comments: