Monday, February 6, 2012

A quick getaway....and saying goodbye

Nashville, TN, was our destination - my mom and I.  A 3 hr. delay in Chicago had us HUNGRY - and we found a mouth-watering Reuben sandwich here:


I texted my Aunt Debbie, jokingly telling her to have a bottle of red wine ready when we arrived.  I got back this cryptic text: "have jac/honey 2".  I keep reading and re-reading it, thinking it must be one of those Mad Gab - like messages, where you have to pronounce it a certain way to get the message.  But alas, it was a local favorite: 

And so we spent 4 days in Tennessee, visiting with Uncle Jim,  Aunt Debbie & cousins, and laughed and cried and looked through old pictures, and talked about the past and the future and the life he led, and the legacy he leaves behind.  We toured a bit around Nashville......



.....took a sail w/Debbie 
(thank goodness she didn't quiz me like she threatened me she would, on all the part of the sailboat)

.....wandered around the Gaylord Opryland Hotel, where there was a cattleman's convention going on, so there were signs like this all about:


I did get to visit THIS fabric store, and picked up some jersey knit to make another dress.

....and then said our final goodbyes to Uncle Jim, and headed back west.

No comments: