Saturday, May 14, 2011

Things that make me happy.....

*the customer that came in last Saturday, buying fabric to make napkins and placemats.  Being the nosy shop owner I am, I asked her all about her project, and she said her husband bought her a sewing machine for Mother's Day, and that's what she was doing on her day....a day of sewing.

*Ali and Elizabeth, local crafters, customers, fabulous women, making the just-out issue of Quilter's Home magazine.  Ali submitted a quilt she designed, and it's featured.  Elizabeth's polymer buttons are featured in an article on, well, buttons!

*Sarah and Erin, sisters-in-law, who came and made the recycled tote bag.  Sarah is a wonderful young mom to an almost one year old, and is sewing like crazy.  Erin is a college student, destined for greatness. (That's just my opinion)  While I was waiting for them to begin the class, in walks Norah, whom I met a few years back when she and her mom came in to choose fabric.  Now, Norah is unforgettable - tall, beautiful, graceful....and then there's the inside of her - sweet, self-assured, talented and creative and energetic and just makes me happy to see her!  Soooo, Norah is connected to Erin (following me here?) thru college in Indiana, but their moms, Meg & Debra HERE are good friends, and are both also creative, wonderful women, whom I've gotten to know thru Hip Stitch. 

And why does this all make me happy?  Because most of my customers walk in strangers and walk out as friends......and what a wonderful thing that is.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

It certainly makes me happy when I get to come in. . .