Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Show & Share

Two sweet girls in dresses made with Hip Stitch fabrics -

Fabric is Heather Ross - Mermaids - an easy Simplicity pattern. The cuteness is innate, I think!

And here's a cute Southern Belle (she really is from the south!) wearing the Oliver+S birthday party dress in Amy Butler's Lotus collection:

Tonight I made my 9 yr. old the pajama bottoms from our Favorite Things Sleep Well pattern - she picked Moda sock monkey flannel. She's sound asleep wearing them, so a picture will have to wait....and the top is next to make.

I hope everyone is busy getting ready for Halloween, or is ready for Halloween! I've had just a bit of sewing to do - a poodle skirt for a friend's teenage daughter, this top for Claire's 50s costume, and a trip last night out to a few stores to finalize an M&M costume for my 11 yr. old, Jane, who wore it today to school (all APS middle schools are out tomorrow & Friday for parent conferences - Halloween came early) Her's was easy - big blue sweatshirt, long underwear, and a cut-out "M" to glue on her front. Oh yes, and blue hairspray for a final touch.

We picked up some Keds at Goodwill for Claire, and last night I colored in black to make them saddle shoes - presto change-o!

That gross brown at the back/bottom of the shoe? My attempt to add the authentic brown stripe....until the marker ran out of ink.

No comments: